I am an Indiblogger

Sunday 4 February 2018

Lament From Lullaby

A lady is enduring that severe pain tonight.
She is hopeful in spite of this grinning pain that 
the next day a tiny, flabby hand will hold her hand tight.

A baby boy, whose welcome in his family will see a grandeur. 
Though she tried to arrange such things for his elder sister
yet both approval and success backfired that endeavor. 

She starts to memorize all the lullabies she know.
The increasing Del (unit)  of pain failed to foil her 
imagination that holds her unborn baby's view.

But, her happiness turns into helplessness on the very next day.
How can the Omnipotence  be such ruthless??
A girlchild  instead of boy will just add up her dismay.

A cold wave of disappointment feels up her heart.
How can she face their furious threat??
According to whom, a girl can never touch the greatness as a boy do. 
She found it very surprising how her 
lullabies of previous day have turned into laments in few minutes. 

14 comments:

  1. Always so thought provoking, you are talented at talking about such big topics through the art or poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no that makes me a little sad, which I suppose is exactly what an amazing poem should do. Beautifully written and so touching

    ReplyDelete
  3. You paint quite a picture which is rather dreary. Such a good poetess.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. With such a strong message you have woven a heart touching poem. This is still a reality at some places. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad that a baby boy would be welcome, but not a girl. Such a sad poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poem is beautiful but so sad. You are so talented to post it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poem is so sad. I really feel the sadness of that. Such an interesting poem to read..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting perspective! I can see how expecting, preparing for, and getting excited about one gender but ending up with the other can be difficult. It usually ends up fine and of course you love that baby, but often it can take a while to come to terms with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that wasn’t how I expected this poem to go. While it is quite sad, I’m sure that this scenario still happens often & not many write from that perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting perspective in this poem, it is sad that a boy child is welcome and a girl not. Very sad poem

    ReplyDelete
  11. That poem is sad. I really feel the sadness of that. keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a powerful poem! I am terrible interpreting poetry, I usually go with my gut feelings and this time I'm not feeling sadness, but a kind of anger. I've lost 4 pregnancies in my life, and I suppose my background doesn't allow me to just feel pity or indiference. Definitely Anger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has always sadden me. To know that in some cultures a girl is not as valuable as a boy and sometimes have their lives cut short because of it. This is why my husband and I want to adopt. We want to provide a child a home that has been abandoned to show him or her that they can have love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sad and heavy in the heart after reading this poem. You express so well. Kudos

    ReplyDelete